- 5 apples
- 150 g of sugar
- 100 g of butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 round and refrigerated puff pastry
- 1 mango and orange Doitfruit
- Put the sugar into a pan with a few drops of lemon juice and pieces of butter. Cook over low heat. Once the mixture is lightly browned, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Wash and peel the apples and cut them into quarters (without the heart).
- In an oven safe bowl put the basis of the sugar and butter mixture and place the pieces of apple with the curved part upwards over the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees with heat function up and down.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the pastry over covering everything. Since a part of pastry won’t have mixture, fold it tightly closed.
- Bake again for about 30 minutes more, until the pastry is browned on top.
- Once is ready, remove from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Next, turn the cake and put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Now the tarte tatin is ready to taste with a hint of mango and orange Doitfruit. It’s a delicious combination!